Your feedback really helps, 5 stars would be awesome
Ontario Separation Agreement
In your search you may hear or read things like:
- You need no written agreement to be considered legally separated from your spouse.
- Your agreement need not be prepared and witnessed by a lawyer for it to be valid.
- Your agreement need not be filed in any court for it to be valid
- You don’t need financial disclosure if your spouse already knows everything.
- It can be handwritten, even on a napkin!
Or you may feel:
- My private information should NOT be seen by anyone.
- Financial disclosure will change nothing so why do the work?
- We negotiated our own deal, we don’t need an outsider poking around.
- All these requirements seems like a some cash-cow for the professionals to make money.
So what are the 3 pillars of good agreement
A written Separation Agreement may include:
Full Financial Disclosure
Actuarial Valuation of Pensions
Division of Assets
Division of Debts
Independent Legal Advice