The whole house is termed matrimonial property. You must consult with a family law lawyer to discuss your option as you might have made a “presumptive gift”. In some province or territories, as long as both of you lived in the house while married, the house is said to be matrimonial property. It does not matter whose name is on the title to the home. So you must discuss with your family law lawyer your unique situation.